APPLIED INTELLIGENCE (ONLINE)
MASTER OF SCIENCE
Gain a strategic advantage with a master’s from the nation’s intel leader
Advanced-level abilities to collect and interpret intelligence provide an unmatched edge in the knowledge-centric work environments of the future. One of the first and most respected programs of its kind, Mercyhurst’s master’s program in Applied Intelligence prepares you with the skills to lead analytical teams in national security, international relations, law enforcement and competitive business. Available 100 percent online for the convenience of working professionals, this program can help you become an expert research and intel analyst, influencing policy and strategy in your field.
Applications in a Range of Contexts
The Mercyhurst program focuses on intelligence as a process, evaluating information from multiple sources and communicating analytic findings to assist with setting strategy, policy and other high-level decisions. Given this focus, the coursework concentrates on developing sophisticated research abilities, skilled use of analytic techniques and methodologies, concise analytic writing and effective briefing.
Mercyhurst welcomes applicants from almost every undergraduate degree program, from political science and international relations to biology and mathematics, as well as every professional background. Given the nature of the coursework and the relevant interests and experiential backgrounds, military veterans are often excellent candidates for this program. Mercyhurst is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Request Your Program GuideFinancial Aid and Tuition
Degree Completion Plans
Make an Impact with Data-Driven Decisions
Become an expert research and intelligence analyst, influencing policy and strategy in government and the private sector, through Mercyhurst University’s online Master of Science in Applied Intelligence. One of the first and most respected programs of its kind, this graduate degree prepares you to lead analytical teams in competitive business, law enforcement and national security. As a student in the program, you’ll develop advanced research abilities, learn to analyze data using different techniques and methodologies, and hone your analytical writing and briefing skillsets to strategically communicate your findings.
Scheduling flexibility and full- and part-time options allow you to earn your master’s without disrupting your career. Coursework is available 100 percent online, which means no matter where you are in the world, you’ll have access to cutting-edge online learning technology and direct connections with experienced instructors.
- Applied Intelligence graduates excel in finding new careers or advancing in their current field, as evidenced by our 90 percent 6-month career placement rate in recent years
- The curriculum includes courses in Competitive Intelligence, Managing Strategic Intelligence, Cyber Threat Analysis, Data Analytics for the Private Sector, Social Media Analysis, and Financial Intelligence Analysis, to name a few
- Since 1995, our program has graduated more than 500 alumni around the world, who continue connecting students with job placements, internships, experiential learning and mentoring opportunities
- Analysis careers are among the fastest-growing fields; the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects analyst jobs will increase by as much as 21 percent by 2024
- Recent employers of our grads include Bank of America, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Cleveland Clinic, GE Transportation, Johnson & Johnson, JP Morgan Chase, Polaris, the U.S. State Department and the U.S. Justice Department