Representing more than 18,000 graduates, the 24-member Mercyhurst University Alumni Association Board of Directors includes members from graduating classes spanning 1951 to 2014. Members of the board come from a variety of geographical areas, including Erie, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, New York City, and Washington, D.C. The board acts as advisers on matters affecting the alumni, including long-term development plans and major academic, financial and operational initiatives.
- Current Directors
- Alumni Association Bylaws
- Board of Directors Application and Information
- Board of Directors Expectations and Duties
In 2009, the board completed a strategic plan outlining priorities for the Mercyhurst University Alumni Association over the next few years. Priorities include:
- Engaging significantly in college advancement and development efforts, including maximizing alumni support for and participation in the annual fund.
- Increasing understanding of the demographic make-up of the university's alumni base and assess service support and programs to better serve evolving constituencies.
- Developing and implementing programs and events that meet the needs and interests of a diverse alumni population.
- Developing and fostering new and existing strategies for effective communication with and among alumni.
- Developing and implementing strategies toward cultivating current students as future, engaged alumni in order to facilitate their lifelong relationship with the alumni organization and the university.
- Increasing the visibility and impact of the alumni organization within the university and among alumni.
- Increasing collaborative relationships with university leaders, key departments, and the community to support the university's heritage and legacy.
Learn more about our current board of directors!
Before applying for a spot on the board, please review the duties and expectations of the board members.
Please fill out this form to be considered for a spot on the Alumni Association Board of Directors.