Mr. Colvin specializes in archival theory and European history. He is currently working on the arrangement, processing, and digitization of both the university and Ridge archives. With the centennial of Mercyhurst University in 2026, providing access to the university collections are a high priority. He teaches introduction to archives for public history. He is also currently working on an article for the Society of American Archivist titled, “Why is there a growing interest in personal digital archiving?” which explores the popularity of genealogy research, community memory, and what is worth saving with today's massive amount of digital files.
• M.L.I.S., Archives and Information Science, University of Pittsburgh, 2016
• M.A., History, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2015
• B.A. History and Political Science, Seton Hill University, 2013
• Mid-Atlantic Archives Committee
• Society of American Archivist