MULTICULTURAL STUDENT SERVICES
Multicultural Student Services assists with the educational, cultural, social and personal needs of all students, with special emphasis on ethnicity, gender, and minority issues. The primary focus is to aid in the development of tomorrow’s leaders through support and advocacy.
Some of our services include sponsoring, co-sponsoring, and supporting academic, social, and cultural events on campus and in the community. In addition, trainings, workshops, and professional development opportunities are provided to students, faculty, and staff. Feel free to contact us or just stop by our office located on the second floor of the Student Union.
Multicultural Student Services aims to advance academic excellence through increased advocacy and awareness pertaining to diversity and inclusion on campus and beyond. We commit ourselves to initiatives focused on the recruitment, retention, support, and holistic success of our underrepresented student populations.
To become the premier leader and model among peers as an institution that is a reflection of our nation and global society by providing inclusive excellence through diversity in higher education.
- Leadership and Diversity Workshops
- Annual Thanksgiving Dinner for Students
- International Day of Peace Observance
- Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
- Breast Cancer Awareness Observance
- MLK Celebration Activities
- Black History Month Observance
- Women's History Month Observance
- Annual Unity Week Celebration
- Annual Kente Stole Ceremony
- Personal and Professional Support
- Advising and Mentoring
- Student Advocacy
- Leadership Development
- Professional Development and Networking
- Student Resources
- Trainings and Workshops