Gifts of stocks and mutual funds are coordinated by Office of Advancement. The University will direct proceeds from the sale of these assets to any designation you wish.

Electronic Transfer

This is the easiest method when a donor maintains holdings in a brokered account.

  1. To make a transfer contact the Office of Advancement at (814) 824-3320 to get the necessary information to provide to your broker to make the transfer through the Depository Trust Company, or DTC, the clearinghouse for electronic security transfers.
  2. Also let the Office of Advancement know the purpose of the contribution—such as an annual gift, a pledge payment and the designation.

Stock Certificates and Stock Powers

If you send a stock certificate that is in your name, please include a letter indicating the purpose of the gift. Under separate cover, provide a signed Stock Power form for each security you contribute. Stock powers are also available from the Office of Advancement at (814) 824-3320 or from any broker. Make sure your signature on the stock power is medallion guaranteed by a bank or broker, not notarized.

Important Mail stock certificates and stock powers separately.

If the certificates have been re-registered to Mercyhurst University , no stock power is needed. A letter should be included identifying the donor and the purpose of the gift. The process for re-registering stock certificates (transferring the certificate into the College's name) can take from two to four weeks. Stock certificates and stock powers should be sent to the address below.

Mail completed forms to:

Mercyhurst University
Office of Advancement
501 East 38th Street
Erie, PA 16546