Risk Management announces inaugural advisory board
The F.W. Hirt-Erie Insurance Risk Management Program at Mercyhurst University today announced appointments to its newly formed Risk Management Advisory Board.
The undergraduate major in Risk Management and online master’s degree in Cyber Risk Management represent two new in-demand academic programs at Mercyhurst University, each with a robust curriculum designed to develop the talent required by the insurance and risk management industry.
“The advisory board will assist faculty and students as a sounding board for programming and long-term planning, ensure relevance in serving the insurance and risk management industry, and engage with students to encourage their interest in insurance as a profession,” said Gary Sullivan, who heads the risk management initiative at Mercyhurst.
He named the following inaugural advisory board members:
• Robert Bowers, Chief Claims Officer, Westfield Insurance, Westfield, Ohio
• Fred Fiedler, Operating Company President, USI, Erie, (a Mercyhurst University alumnus)
• Christina Multari, Vice President Underwriting & Marketing, Synergy Comp, Sharon
• Doug Smith, Executive Vice President, Sales and Products, Erie Insurance, Erie
• Marco Cercone, Partner, Rupp Baase Pfalzgraf & Cunningham LLC, Attorneys, Buffalo, New York
• Marshall Wunderlich, Area President, Western Pennsylvania, Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc.
“It’s exciting to support a unique cyber program in risk management,” said Rob Bowers, Chief Claims Officer at Westfield Insurance. “The demand for these skills is growing exponentially and Westfield is committed to supporting the next generation of insurance professionals meeting this challenge.”
Sullivan said that connecting seasoned executives with faculty and students will provide guidance, opportunities to share needs and experiences, and help promote insurance as a career.
The advisory board will hold its first meeting on Thursday, Feb. 21. For more information, please visit https://www.mercyhurst.edu/academics/risk-management.