SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Advanced Certificate in Small Business Development has been designed by business leaders and members of the Mercyhurst College faculty specifically for college graduates who are involved with small businesses as proprietors or partners, or who serve the small business market as consultants, lenders or financial advisors.
A maximum of two three-credit courses completed during the last five years may be applied toward the Certificate in lieu of equivalent required courses.
- ACCT 101 Principles of Accounting
- BADM 250 Entrepreneurship
- BADM 310 Business Law I
- COMM 180 Business and Professional Communication
Leadership in Small/Family-owned Business option
- MGMT 300 Leadership in Organizations
- MGMT 300 Human Resources Management
- MGMT 326 Human Behavior in Organizations
- MKTG 347 Advertising and Promotion Elective
Small Business Marketing option
- MKTG 162 Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 301 Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 317 Sales Management
- MKTG 327 Retail Management
- MKTG 347 Advertising and Promotion
Descriptions are available in the course catalog.
B.A. or B.S. degree with an overall GPA of at least 2.5.
Apply for free online! Official college transcripts can be sent to the Office of Graduate and Continuing Education at:
Attn: Paul Hirsch
501 East 38th Street
Erie, PA 16546